Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

US and Eu equities- Question for Simon

Parttimer
Frequent Contributor
Hi Simon, sorry but I'm a bit behind here. Why do you guys not make it possible to trade US and UK equities on the Standardbank platform. HSBC does it.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Blik
Super Contributor
Am not sure Simon is directly involved anymore - although he might know the answer.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Have a look on the home page, International Investing, is that what you're looking for? Standard Online Share Trading takes pleasure in introducing you to a new online platform, Webtrader, brought to you by The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited. Webtrader allows you to trade Shares, FX spot, ETF's and ETC's on 29 exchanges in 19 countries using a single trusted online platform. International investing is a critical part of any diverse investment portfolio as it not only offers a wider, more diverse range of Shares, ETF's and ETC's , but also a currency hedge. Groundbreaking features of Webtrader include: Access to over 14 500 shares on 29 of the world's major exchanges; Trading in 160+ forex crosses; A customisable, user-friendly web interface that requires no downloading or installation; One-click trading for fast execution Transparent fees and charges - the relevant fees and charges are disclosed prior to executing a trade; A powerful charting system that allows you to analyse and compare historical prices for multiple financial instruments; Telephonic support during our Call Centre's hours of operation. To view our Webtrader platform or apply for a demo account go to www.standardbank.com/webtrader Brett Duncan, Head of Retail Equities of SBG Securities (Pty) Ltd, recently discussed Webtrader in a series of webinars. For clients who would like to view the presentation please click here. Additionally to see a video walk through of the webtrader platform click here
0 Kudos
Parttimer
Frequent Contributor
Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. Much appreciated, will check it out.
0 Kudos
reyden
Frequent Contributor
The Standard bank plateform for offshore is a tad on the expensive side, shop around!!! No real value add for the higher cost
0 Kudos
rosszar
Contributor
I agree, i would use it except they charge 0.2% of your portfolio, that could be a big amount when your portfolio grows, so i will look at other platforms that charge a fixed fee. A pity because i would have preferred to stay with Standard bank.
0 Kudos
reyden
Frequent Contributor
Keep in mind that the bulk of "offshore" platforms managed by brokers in SA, are Saxobank. Sanlam, Vunani, 28e, Independent securities the list goes on
0 Kudos