Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

US futures

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
sax
Frequent Contributor
Wonder if it will carry through. Good news does not seem to have such a "good" impact anymore
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what's the news?.... FTSE just fired off.
0 Kudos
sax
Frequent Contributor
Simon, i see you are also in the waves. I have opted to concentrate on them full time. Have you actually got a way of trading this since we are so heavely affected by international markets so lots of the time bad or good news int. could affect us and then in turn your charting does not plan out as it should
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
just market hopeful about fed cut, short lived, market will rally and then its time to take advantage of that rally on the short side.omo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i m o- futures under 80 does not show much strength with 4 reports out today i think we gonna be in da red ????
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sax, when I tarde I focus 100% on the chart and entry/exit rules and ignore everything else.
0 Kudos
sax
Frequent Contributor
I see that is my way as well, but has your rules not been violated by the talks of recesion and negativity of int. markets that has pushed our market further down?If you look at the top40 on the 16th of jan i saw a positive close above the bear channel support line (working on daily close) but then it decided to penetrate 2 days after??? I see this as an influance of int. markets
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure, well maybe - perhaps. Q becomes how much you allow non chart issues to drive your trading and then how long before you're just always second guessing your chart and doing nothing? I consider everything not on the chart as noise and all nise is reflected in my chart as that's were the data is acted apon (traded). So sure sometimes one gets it wrong, but a robust system works, bulls, bears or anything else.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sax, point is you can include absolutely anything into a system. Issues are; does it really add value, is it being measured correctly, when to stop. So I stop at nice and easy end of day and a few EMA's.
0 Kudos
sax
Frequent Contributor
Thanx 4 your input. I just thought that i was approcing this the wrong way and was doubting my charts and entry and exit points. I suppose i just have to keep tight stoploss in place to act apon such instances.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and recent volatility has made it tough for all but real day traders, and even some of them have been cleaned out.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
a bit interesting that we are so buoyant compared to FTSE today. They just made a huge dip, ALSI hardly noticed.
0 Kudos