Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

US now opening at 4.30

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
Dis sucks, only 20 min to play with....NM is very right....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If I were a broker I would be talking to the JSE to extend winter trading by 1h...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah boet, if you was a client .. brokers liek the old days of 10-4 trading ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
YA we also like short days 9-12 on the agri sounds about right to my developing workless ethic.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
haha... you guys and workless. i think the world should change and with the use of technology, electronic trading, etc. it should stay opened all the time... just imagine the cash brokers will make then, maybe smaller commissions as its all electronic, but 24/7... lol. just a thought... basically investing in the JSE and NYSE gives a very long session, quite awesome - from 09:00 to 23:00!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
err, what is awesome about a 14 hour day .. sounds truely nasty to me .. a 14 minute week sounds awesome ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
ok, sorry my comment didnt work out well, if all is electronic and people make up a smaller part of retail brokerage (i guess more online trading) less real work needs to go into the system. i guess that is only for a small part... traders, asset managers might not like it...
0 Kudos