Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

US tanking again

Not applicable
have a look at SIM 35 % down from high 4 days
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sorry, hour chart
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
And i have some of those at 260!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
when did you get in ?
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
Today, thought i was clever but will have to rethink my position tomorrow, rather take some loss and get in at a lower price if it looks like it can be done.
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
Looks like that dow is aiming for a nice green close.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
what doesnt really convince me of this rally is the Eur/USD correlation. Yesterday wen the dow was at the 7370 level, the euro was at 1.2844. today at the same level the Eur is at 1.274 and the USD Index is nogal UP to @ 88.1. Something not looking right here. something fishy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yip, a pull back would be healthy tho
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
...and everyone is supposedly predicting and anticipating this DCB on the DOW.. well see soon enough
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
You see i was expecting this little late sell off after the rally yesterday, seems to me that i am out of wack with the markets and should take a long weekend.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Typcal yankees, look at that 20min sell off and now the eur is back at the daily lows. they really got no... (u know wat) . oh well at least some of them will be quick enough not to shot themself in the foot..or the head maybe?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Man ! the VIX must be doing the wild thing again, that just shows the resistance, Amazing. Wanted a pullback not a pull into the abyss
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
well.. if that one goes ... 6500 is next
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
HG, why you long in a bear market ?? long for bull markets ??
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
You got that right Electrox. I'm perplexed. Look at the JPY as I think that's where things are dislocating. In overlay the EURJPY is (relatively) rocketing while USDJPY is tanking, and I think that's what's influencing the EURUSD relationship. Even though the Index is up the EURUSD is staying relatively stable, since around 12 Feb EURJPY has gained 6% relative to -8% for the USDJPY with the EURUSD as a base.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Maybe because some okes must have cashed in madly when some of our local stocks went up 80-90% after our last drop? So it's time-the-low - guessing. I know I'd like to have that low in my grubby paws.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
richard, you got zero chance of timing that low .. everybody has zero chance .. we have to trade/invest ignoring the attempt to catch the low .. anyways if things are going to jump 80-90% and you miss the first 20-30%, you still in the moolla ??
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
there is almost boggerol to stop the SnP from plunging to 600 as it's below the lows made in '02 and '03. If the 738 to 742 floor cracks then we have the biggest double top I've ever seen, playing out on the monthly chart.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Yes Nova,its scary wen you cant find a support bas to work off. for now, I think the USD indx is key here. its uptrend stil looks pretty much intact. will have to watch it closely.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Simon - agreed. Would love to, but won't try to do it. Happy to watch for the moment.
0 Kudos