Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

USD Gold Tiring?

GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Starting to look a little tired? I got out of all my Gold mining Share longs today. Any traders with software able to do some TA on USD Gold? Could be time to short some miners if Gold on a pullback.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Not applicable
Well i do see that we had a inverted H/S which did break out ... Maybe test the neck line ... then the run to target 1200 to 1300
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
I think the price will correct to the $980 level before going back up....a little patience should offer a nice re-entry point.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If you didn't sell at 1025 then I say hold.... I expect a higher high next week. The gold chart has never looked any better. Interesting to see a weaker rand is not even effecting thegold stocks today, proving we are only POG driven at the moment.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I don't think we will see gold that low again...lowest 995 or so. . but will see
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
I sold all my Gold Mining shares yesterday because I needed a good night's sleep! Holding them over the last few weeks has been nerve-wracking as they move dramatically with every shift in Gold Price. I am waiting for a pullback to low 1000's to re-enter again. I wouldn't short gold stocks yet though.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ha ha yes also wouldn't short as they all looking so bullish. I notice most gold shares are under strong resistance this week.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have recently gotten out too quickly on Harmony moves. Holding on a bit longer and keeping an eye on my stops.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
we break 88 then we are off to 98 !! ;):):)
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Seems we're all holding for the break, I honestly thought HAR would break the 90, still cant believe its so far behind GFI after leading it for so long, will we see the 100 mark soon? I think so. Dollar still going to weaken which drives the Gold Price. 1050 next week.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
gold is back over 1015!!! That is very very bullish for a good Friday close
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I want 110 - 115 level
0 Kudos
fng
Contributor
Did you have to speak so soon? dropping like a Stone!! 1200 now and an hr. to go before friday close!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And its another hard knock in the wind for Gold. Stumbles a little and looks to recover but needs a timeout to refresh....
0 Kudos