Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

USING TIPSTER SERVICES

Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
Hi Guys I have been trading for a few years now and am considering a subscription to a trading information/tipster service. As seasoned traders or investors do you guys use any of these or do you find your software programmes and other free info on the web sufficient?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
platsak
Super Contributor
If I may ask. Which one do you want to subscribe to. I got Red Hot Penny Shares and Ive done quite good with them. That said always do your own research and definately dont follow advice blindly especially if its in geared instruments.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Fin24's Professional Service (R395 per month) is excellent, a bit pricey tho. There's a once a day list of +- 150 stocks with entry, exit, stop loss, target and all. Would recommend it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
PSG online runs a decent technical analysis report on a selection of shares every day. And the best part is its free.
0 Kudos
Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
Thanks guys - I am looking at The Market. But I see Powerstocks may offer a service. They have interesting thoughts. check out powerstocks.co.za
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Trouble with all the magazine services is that they are not completely up to date,so are of no use to day traders and even if we are not day traders we tend to use the instant information for our longer trades as well.
0 Kudos
QD
Occasional Contributor
i would recommend red hot penny shares,stock market sleuth both can be subcribed from fleet street publications prestige bulletin and Frank blacks stockmarket performer.It made me good profits ..but you gottaa also make some decision above thiers.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Any one know about freeware charting programs?
0 Kudos
ws
Frequent Contributor
How current is the fleet street stuff? I have heard some negative reports about fleet street and frank black? Are their "tips" not after the fact?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yea iv also just got into reading everything on the powerstocks website, some really great work those guys are doing. Only sad part, they will start to charge for it next month.
0 Kudos
Spike
Contributor
It's no longer Frank Black; now Greg le Coq
0 Kudos
og
Frequent Contributor
I use Barry for advice - and its free LOL!!! Seriously, Barry has disappointed me only once (AFGEM) but more hits than misses!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja, Barry is like the Chuck Norris of OST. Keep it up B!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
No,No please do your own research,i'm only trying to help newbies....Keep watchlists and if u find a share research it further....Sure i like sharing my finds ,but in share trading one is never sure that thetre is not going to be a quick reversal.That is why i always say keep Alerts on the shares.thanks anyway.Please also tell us about your finds as this forum is not a oneway street....Did i really tip AFGEM?
0 Kudos