Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

UUU

Ben_ladin
Contributor
Does any one have an idea for how long can we trade uuu and where is it going ?
0 Kudos
29 REPLIES 29
striker
Super Contributor
#NAME?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip .. Uranium stocks in OZ gettign crushed ..
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Good buying opportunity when the dust settles! Short term negative sentiment
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
It just fell out of Bed! :)
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
I remember this thing at 12 nobody wantd to touch it. Took a small 10k punt up to 30. I see it happening again. Low 20's hre we come
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Maybe 25 low....most. Then the lovely rebound! ;)
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
25.80. Down we go :) Germany have halted their nuke expansion. This will take weeks to blow ever. We'll get this one at 20
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
It has lost 50% of its value in just over a month!
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Market reactions now moving beyond the insane end of the scale.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
NOT REALLY. She makes less than a buck a share; AND has massive CAPEX committments to bring new production on line. She also operates her mines in politically "difficult" areas (and geologically unstable areas too.) At this point you are paying for the bright future of uranium. Now we have a situation where Japan - the world's biggest consumer of URANIUM - is going to slow down its use (and lose a power plant too.)AND everybody else is putting theie URANIUM power plans on hold (especially SWITZERLAND.) If uranium goes on a back burner for the next 5 years; the Price could drop 80 %+ (back to where it was a year or so ago. AND THAT WOULD BE THE END OF UUU.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and the biggest producer of URANIUM in SA is ?? ANG .. as a by product of mining gold ..
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Very true Simon; there is no world shortage of uranium, thanks to the gold mines.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
mmmm... still no viable alternative though, other than go without electricity. When last did Switzerland have a tsunami? Biggest risk is an avalanche, like this avalanche of doomsday forecasts.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I just hope Homer Simpson doesn't lose his job.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The day that we start talking about tsunamis up in the Swiss mountains that's the day that you put you cash to work. UUU @ 25 Buy.sell @ 30
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I see Germany is planning to take her nuclear reactors offline. South Africa is talking about revising her nuclear plans (in favour of clean coal stations.) With all of this going on I wouldn't be buying UUU. It can run without me if it must. Anyway 2 years ago this thing was R6 and 9 months ago it was R14 (and it had way fewer shares in issue so really R4 and R10)
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Germany may be planning to take her reactors offline, how many other reactors are actually built elsewhere? Nuclear energy is safe, saves a lot of money, just a low probability event as it happened in Japan makes a lot of noise. With minimal amount of human losses and this even will be forgotten in 2 years time.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I really don't care. All that matters is sentiment. Anyway - as an investment this company is rubbish due to the risk - it is a speculative position (which may make a fortune - who knows.) It proves this by falling from R450 (R140 ADJUSTED FOR DILUTION) TO R4 (R6 ADJUSTED FOR DILUTION) I have been doing this for 20 years and I have given up on companies that "think they can" - I took positions in AGL / BIL / ARI in yesterday's pullback.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
OK OK, uranus.
0 Kudos