Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Unbundling dates from SENS for normal people

Schmidt
Occasional Contributor
Friday, 15 May 2009 (So, last day to trade on Friday if you want your included Vodacom shares) Last day to trade in Telkom shares on the JSE to participate in the Unbundling. Monday 18 May (Telkom and Vodacom shares trade separately on the 18th, but you can still get the R19 divi from Telkom) Vodacom lists on 18 May 2009. Friday, 22 May 2009 (The Special divi is there to prevent the Telkom price from collapsing, it is already priced into the current Telkom share price) Last day to trade in Telkom shares on the JSE to participate in the Special Dividend (R19). Monday 1 June 2009 Special Divi paid out.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable
What is the earliest date that I may sell telkom shares and still recieve the special dividend?
0 Kudos
Schmidt
Occasional Contributor
The shares trade "ex" dividend on 25 May, but it states the record date for the divi is set for 29 May. I'm not entirely sure to be honest, but I'd say the 25th of May.
0 Kudos