Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Understanding CFD prices HELP

keng
Contributor
Can anyone direct me to some literature on how Underlying Prices work, I am finding it very difficult to understand. I have been buying and selling CFD's for a few months. Let me use an example of Sanlam which I purchased for 4506 the current bid price at close on Tuesday is 4599. After hours I decided to sell these and I selected Limit-Underlying Price and entered 4599. The foot note on the trade page tells me this is the price that I wish to trade at. Now the confusion If I look at the Order Status page I see Your Price = 4583 Your Underlying price = 4599 Current Underlying price = 4570 (which is the highest bid price). Where on earth does Your price come from? Why the 16 cent difference? Does "Your Price" reflect the Nett amount I would receive? I have cancelled my sell order but would like to know at what price the Sanlam CFD would have triggered.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
sponono
Super Contributor
4599-4583: the difference is 0.35% OST's commission. You would have matched at 4599 and paid a comission at 0.35% giving you a net price of 4583
0 Kudos
keng
Contributor
Many thanks sponono. So in future I'll decide my net price and divide that by .9965 for the gross underlying.
0 Kudos