Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Unit trust investment platform

cfm
Super Contributor
Are there any unit trust investment platforms where I can register with one company, but invest in many unit trusts? I have seen InvestOnline so far. I'm looking at some long term unit trust investments and are wondering if I should just register with all the unit trusts I'm interested in, or if there is a single platform.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
maybe consider reading up on SATRIX (www.satrix.co.za) before leaping into unit trusts..
0 Kudos
Maxpear
Occasional Contributor
From the Allan Gray LISP you have access to all the UT funds you'd want to invest in. Foord, Coronation, Inveestec etc etc. very good platform and thier admin is tops, they get the job done bronto. FYI: Min monthly D/O of R500 pm or lumpsums of R50K+. Loop hole: start a R500 pm D/O, do additional investments of which ever amount you wish and cancel the D/O. You can also go direct and cut broker fees Allan Gray 0860 000 654
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
If you go with a LISP account at either Old Mutual, Allan Gray etc - just make sure you check the % costs and make sure you understand how they apply them. My unit trust values, on the Old Mutual Max platform have been smacked the last few years, recession and crash not withstanding. Brokerage costs have played a role in this for sure, and I am still down on my input values, even though the market is hitting highs again. SATRIX may be a less costly option.
0 Kudos
Maxpear
Occasional Contributor
OM Max invest Fees are particularly high. AG is more resonable and going direct will reduce costs. However, passive funds are a winner and agreed, they should be part of any portfolio
0 Kudos