Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Unsecured lending market overheated

iggy
Occasional Contributor
I see that the CEO of Blue said this afternoon that the unsecured lending market maybe overheate. Will this affect the share price of Blue, and maybe even Capitec and ABIL, and ultimatly PSG?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Indeed it will .. CPI at new high ..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I also saw somewhere, think it was on one of my facebook news feeds, that there has been a substantial increase in % of unsecured credit, I doubt that will create comfort in the financial sector overall..
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
extra from news article "The rand value of unsecured credit granted increased was up more than 57% in the last quarter of 2011 compared with the same period the previous year, the latest official data shows." Just shows how bad it is.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Still, my head tells me that the risk on unsecured credit differs like the moon from the sun. Late market players have the most to lose as they probably will be content with the least financially secure clients that have been shown the door at other institutions.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
that is a totally meaningless stat on its own ..
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
I always wonder what would be the criteria to qualify for an unsecured loan from these banks? Maybe if we knew that we can have a more objective judgement.?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
They basically credit score you and then "the computer" says yea or nay.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
big 4 banks do the same, but the criteria a lot more stringent..
0 Kudos