Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Up, up and away...

hexadecimal
Contributor
Wow. Can this carry on much longer. Good luck to those that have. I'm out for now. Profits made and wait for a pull-back.
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Not applicable
I somehow don't think you will get a pullback. It is currently only on a PE of 9, way below what some other retail sectors operate at. Now if you consider that UK growth forecasts have shot up from 0.6% to 1.6%, and other major EU markets are likely to follow suite - with the rand continuing on its downward slump, steinhoff is sitting in its perfect storm scenario.
0 Kudos
hexadecimal
Contributor
Thanks Skaaptjop. I believe it will do well; it was fortunately one of my first buys and a large part of my portfolio, close to 50%. I was lucky and bought in May. I had to reshuffle my risks. I still hold some but brought it back into ratio with other holdings.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
it has had or is having its storm scenario, since 12 August 2013...and was trading below the 200 EMA even with PE of 6.21(JUNE results)...so it will pull back...if the trend is maintained on the pullback, then time to get back in...patience
0 Kudos
hexadecimal
Contributor
Cheers rams ... Got Cash, will wait!
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
According to Ferengi Rules of Acquisition no.97 it should tap 40.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Anyhoo, there is no compelling reason to sell.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you called it at R40 a share several months ago - Kudos
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you called it at R40 a share several months ago - Kudos
0 Kudos
hexadecimal
Contributor
Brilliant!!! . . LOL . . enough is never enough
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Revised to 43,check who owns pref shares, , quality comp.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Well, maybe it's time to pucker up und wait for ze pullback.
0 Kudos
U-Dog
Contributor
Starting a slow clap for the R40
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
No close above 40 , so , i guess it's going to the dogs again. It is all those troubles in europe 6 months ago and the rand so strong that is finally hitting home, :)
0 Kudos
hexadecimal
Contributor
slowly moving up again....
0 Kudos
Dave_a_Walker
New Contributor
Hex are you still waiting or regretting?
0 Kudos