Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Urgent ! Just the simple answer please.

saash
Super Contributor
Wizzie - this isn't trading advice, its tax advice. There are lots of tax professionals on the forum, just as there are doctors, engineers, biochemists, lawyers etc.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Lol .... and this clearly is *not* the simple, urgent answer!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I know the difference sweetness..I was just expanding on what u were saying ;)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Well I cant promise.. rumor has it you have pretty impressive storks (legs) of your own.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
r u at least going to respond at some point?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Another simple question is - Do you extract that R100k each month? or is that only yr paper profits? Maybe you should consider rolling some of those profits into long term shares to defer the tax? I am not sure ho wto record those transactions, but I am sure if you view it as a closed loop, ie inserted funds, 100k, in jan 2010, traded up & down, withdrew no cash from account & paper value is R300k, then until you sell & extract cash there should be no event triggered. Again I am not sure - best to get advice
0 Kudos
raps
Frequent Contributor
For what it's worth; I gather from yr previous posts that u r a medical doctor ?neurologist. If u r woking for the state then u r not able to deduct travel; cellphone; conferences; textbooks or computers expenditure. But if u r in private then please go ahead. Go figure???
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I thought everything that is not nailed down is deducted from state hospitals!!
0 Kudos
raps
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos