Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

VIL

maq
Contributor
No news on this share. What is happening with the proposed deal that is supposed to be happening to give shareholders best value?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Gof
Contributor
I doubt the offers have so far been worth taking, as now that all the loss making assets are gone, the profits should now be healthy, especially with the Rand gold price at these levels. It seems to be running higher today after breaking out of its sideways channel....
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
I also think that the deal went cold with all the time that lapsed. There will only be interests in assets that is for sale at bargain prices. The directors of Village own a huge chunk of shares and they will protect their money.
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
I also think that the deal went cold with all the time that lapsed. There will only be interests in assets that is for sale at bargain prices. The directors of Village own a huge chunk of shares and they will protect their money.
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
New sens announcement just came out the unlocking of value to the share holders. Hope we can trust them this time around.
0 Kudos
maq
Contributor
Well the way the share price has been ticking up, it seems that there could be something happening. Maybe people in the know have been buying.
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
any reason for the big move today??? haven't read anything anywhere??
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
I think the non-binding offer to sell the company or parts of the assets is close to a binding offer. The company still trades well below it's book value. The volume of shares traded jumped as well.
0 Kudos
Gof
Contributor
The price is still less than half the NAV, and with a good quarter to be reported on in a few weeks time I think there is only good news to come....
0 Kudos
Gof
Contributor
The price is still less than half the NAV, and with a good quarter to be reported on in a few weeks time I think there is only good news to come....
0 Kudos
DaMerlin
Contributor
Yip I am long VIL. Would expect the offer (should it come) to be at a premium to the VWAP.
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
If R/$ and gold above $1250 the co should make a profit north of R300m/year
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
To me it's just a trade and i traded the price...and i've made a good profit already...but i think of the shareholders who have been faithfull and stuck with this company and management. I just wonder that if they sell the whole company and its imminent...why appoint new board members?....unless its a rule that they have too?.... or maybe they would remain on the new companies boards??...anyway i hope its good news...because their track record is not good.
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
I don't think it is a matter of appointing new members on the board, it is rather members that left the board, because they know what is going to happen. The writing is on the wall it is just a matter of time. One thing we know for sure is that this company is going to make a U-turn. It can't carry on the way it was. It is a matter of now or never. The current gold price support the board's view to unlock value.
0 Kudos
DaMerlin
Contributor
We seem to be leveling off now. Guess we just need to wait on news...
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
You are right. The intentions and direction the board took lifted the share price now it must be followed up by further good news to take the share higher. The problem is that the full value of the all the assets are not discounted in the share price yet.
0 Kudos