Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

VISA requirements european countries

Not applicable
A question for the travelbugs.. As an south-african passport holder planning a first time trip: Arriving at Amsterdam traveling through Belgium, France and departing from Zurich Switzerland. Does the "Schengen Visa" hold universally for all the countries or do I have to obtain a seperate visa for every country? tnx
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
asylum
Super Contributor
the schengen visa is good for all those countries, heres a link to the french emabassy, scroll down to where it says general schengen visa requirements ( its printed in red) and it will open a list of all the countries that it covers. LINK: http://www.ambafrance-rsa.org/Visa-applications.html
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I was gonna add that you must ensure your passport is the real thing. Many of these places do not accept temp passports (emergency style documents, unless you can provide a real emergency proof - death of family etc) so be careful. But the link says that already. Good luck and enjoy the trip.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks guys, one more thing I need to clear: applying for a visa you need proof of a hotel booking and some say proof of suffiecient funds for the period staying... I suppose I have to contact the embassy...
0 Kudos
breakout
Occasional Contributor
Just another input - applying for a Schengen visa involves different levels of pain depending on which country you make the application through. Usually you apply through the country where you'll spend most time...but if that is Germany...then watch out. Painful..we had to resubmit the biometric photos (taken by a professional) 3 times because something was "wrong"...but used the "bad" photos first time at the Dutch Embassy the next time. Rather "forget" where you'll spend more time and go to the most convenient EU embassy and one that is efficient and not difficult - in your case...as Michael Caine says in Austin Powers "The Dutch".
0 Kudos