Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

VIX

Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
Feel the need to get into the VIX...How can I trade it from the Standard online platform ?.....Thanx in advance.....
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
You cant. I think its only listed in America. Might be possible with IG Markets or BoE but not sure. Just know def not possible with SBK.
0 Kudos
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
Thanx Thought so...Just checking...Pity.....GT247 have platforms to trade it ..Dont c why we cant have an etf on it......Mmmmmm
0 Kudos
Not applicable
agreed, I would join you on that trade :)
0 Kudos
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
seems like a good thing at this time.....but could turn into a seemed like a good thing at the time....lol
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
VIX looks bearish to me. the futures seem to have resistance at 14.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well, to start with, since the VIX is not a fund, an ETF would be rather difficult! I think an ETN is what you are looking for. Now since you and about maybe 10 other traders in the country would probably be the only ones interested in the volatility of a foreign stock exchange, it would most likely be a pretty illiquid instrument. Perhaps what you are looking for is the ability to trade existing ETN's linked to the VIX, traded openly on international exchanges, against which there are again all kinds of put and call options for trading desks to offer their own flavour of the index. Now, since it is being traded on international exchanges - GT247 cannot actually offer you a SA account to trade it - they have to do it off-shore, to avoid exchange control restrictions. If they are not doing this, then they are breaking the law, as far as I know.
0 Kudos