Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

VMK - gotto be good buy even if just for the dividend

ABuzz
Super Contributor
OK, yes it is thinly traded, but at prices in the mid 90s, this must be able to show some upside. And the dividend is worth it on its own.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Samir
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Samir - good volumes today, why the sudden interest? I think there are some more people besides me who rate this one's potential to climb from its current level.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
The fundamentals are not so great, yesterdays SENS doesn't look roses. They've been diving for a year?
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
Abuzz, looks like the volumes were the clever ppl pff loading b4 the results?
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Samir - you may be right, let's see what price it closes at today and whether there are decent volumes again.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Well, it finished up 10 cemts on fair volumes.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Some facts: Although Verimark reported HEPS of 11.6 cps iro F07, cashflow was negative to the tune of 11.9 cps, hence the R38.3 m turnaround in the net cash position to R15.6 m debt - the 8.5 cps divi was therefore funded courtesy of the O/D. According to the latest SENS, VMK's operating performance weakened further in the current 6-months and the divi for the year is certainly under threat. VMK has a faltering business model in a deteriorating retail environment - caution is well advised!!
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Hey Samir, I said it was a good buy in the mid 90's. And if you'd have followed my advice and bought you could have sold yesterday for R 1,20 - I don't think that is a bad profit for just over 2 weeks.
0 Kudos