Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

VOD

MDB
Occasional Contributor
Does anybody else use Vodacom 3G modems,they serious suck on up and download speed,Im considering 8 ta,then you must know how bad it is here, all my friends complain about this also
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
Yeah,dude.I stick to HQ >>> Telkomsa.net...stick with the big dog. Never had a problem.Don't trust these subordinated networks ( MTN and Vodacom).Just my opinion.
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
8.TA roam on the MTN network.
0 Kudos
shares
Contributor
Have you tried upgrading the firmware and drivers for your HSDPA modem? This made a large difference for me - went from 3G to HSDPA speeds.
0 Kudos
MDB
Occasional Contributor
well it cant be te sotware of the modem our whole region is complaining and calling Vodacom...and you know aftersales service in this country means jack....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well definitely not software in the evenings I get kicked off their network every minute some times and in the mornings I can surf without a problem, Yes 8ta sounds excellent they are giving 128kb simcards away for free only bring fica docs, the only problem they only offer 1GiG data bundles for now at a cost of 24cents per Meg so they compare to Vod's 3G except no 2Gig data"apparently for now only"
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
I have been using vodacom 3g for probably 3 years now and I don't have any problems, sure it is a little slower than my adsl but it is still relatively quick
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
Why don't you go to CellC @ R1000 for a 24GB bundle once off, 2GB per month, 7.2 Megabit speed that's +900 Kilobytes per second.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cell C will probably be a good option once they launch their "4Gs" stuff in Jhb.
0 Kudos