Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

VOLATILITY SandP 500 (^VIX) - at 5 years low

DEP
Super Contributor
VOLATILITY S&P 500 (^VIX) - at 5 years low - Times must be good or is this a signal that a reversal is imminent. Well, I for one think a reversal is imminent. Oh - and the bulls are all feed on the promise of FED / ECB et al bringing lots of "mahala" money to the market.
0 Kudos
40 REPLIES 40
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
reversal is obvious, question is how much and when. If it only reverses 700 points to 30,800 its as insignificant as Aspen moving from 141 to 140, 2000 more significant but barely an 8% correction hardly a crash - still bullish.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
No one can tell you by how much...but I'm looking for anything between 500 and 1000 points drop on Alsi.
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
same here waiting for the 1000 point drop, except Im not shorting, I'll buy when it gets there. I like to go with the trend.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
Rule 1 in trading: The trend is your friend until it bends.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Okay, what is you bend level 31085 support?
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
Depends on your time frame, personally there are 2 points that Im watching 30,800 and 29,500. Below 29,000 would show that something might be off with this trend.

Truth is Im rather waiting for an indicator signal rather than a specific price - its more of a mechanical trade in the right direction.
Research shows buying (e.g.) stochastics on the dips in the right direction can be much more profitable than just following stochastics by itself.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bulls buying...err i dont think so....fantastic morning for bears so far....all thats left of the bulls is vestigates of the operant condition done on them over the past few days...
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
you do realize that if you actually analyzed the charts the bulls have made more money in the past 2 months than the bears
0 Kudos
Not applicable
alsi sold at 31469...8/20/2012 9:59:21 AM SEP12 ALSI S 1 31469 SEN811 INT OTS0006TF 000 #NA000001M DWTM 101907555 SXFIN A O 1
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
you've also been carrying on on your website that you'll be shorting from 30,000 calling bulls suckers all the way to 31,500...thats 1,500 points up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
err no the long call was made at 29200...and we have been bullish all the way to 31250 with caution from there onwards...maybe u dont get all the info?
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
err no, I was in the chat room @ 30,000 watching everyone carrying on about "why are the bulls fighting", "this is going down", "These suckers dont know whats waiting for them", in the next few days it went over 31,000.

Its ok to admit not every trade worked out. Nobody will hold it against you really.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes excatly thats the title of the video i did on 30 july was "BULLS MAY NEED TO CATCH THEIR BREATH FOR ASSAULT ON NEXT RESISTANCE LEVELS"...the next day the market was down but i saw it merely as a breather...i.e. we were going higher, PLEASE get the complete information before you comment.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no my friend that comment was made when we were at 31400...and we moved to 31000 afterwards. You would not be in the chat room as that is not open to non premium members...
0 Kudos