Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

VOLATILITY SandP 500 (^VIX) - at 5 years low

BC02
Super Contributor
you guys really do make that comment to often, almost seems weekly ...bulls are always the suckers.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
on that day they were because the market took the lift down 400 points in less time than it took to get there
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
You get trends and you get corrections, you then get trend continuation and trend reversal....nobody can claim to know but all you can do is trade your view....nothing more!
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
it wasnt that day, I told you, you guys went short after 15:30 @ 30,000 and you kept calling them suckers. There was no money to be made on the shorts that week.
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
well said. People always get confused with these.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
agreed...BUT you also get periods when there is no trend. and thats where we are at right now. Anyone that claims the opposite really has to take a look at what exactly they think they are saying. I know 2 of the best trend traders out there. they have systems which have been profitable over time and follow their system slavishly. Over the past 5 months they have returned negative returns. This should tell you something.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
dont know where anyone gets the idea any buying is going on 6 consecutive hourly red bars...are we looking at the same chart?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
No trend= correction. Trend = 1,2,3,4,5 and correction is ABC= single, double, triple, quadruple, flat, zigzag, range, sideways= NOW. Come here more often...we been thru this ages ago!
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Conversing with 3 replicas of yourself on chat is trench digging. Rather tell your therapist what you doing and get some help.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
... I'm still selling - of course I could be wrong, specially if ECB and FED go crazy with their money printing the next couples of weeks.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes DEP only the market will have the final say ...not boxes...u will have a fat smile on your face in the morning...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
or not, because as you say .. nobody knows what the market will do next ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
absolutely...but im willing to put money on the likelyhood he will...watch out for a pro gap in the morning...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
But still one with a with a big fat smile on his face....DEP is can feel the rays of your beaming smile from here...
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Well, the bulls will feed on abit longer , since the FED is going crazy and is about to print lots of "mahala" money.
0 Kudos