Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

VOTE - 22 APRIL 2009 - ELECTION DAY

CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
We are hoping to create a SA environment supporting trust and creating political and economic stability - with a bunch of uncontrollable and unpredictable elements the only contribution each and everyone of us could make, is to become INVOLVED: Go and VOTE and ACTIVELY INSPIRE your FRIENDS and FOES to DO the SAME. Whatever the outcome, even if it is not to your liking, DO NOT REGRET a wasted opportunity, for no reason whatsoever. Rise early, go vote, or go to work, and go vote later - yes go to work, there is always something that needs to be done, go do it. And if you have to drive a long way to your district of registration, drive responsible to be able to cast your vote, and drive back safely, to be able to get nurtured by the results. Go... VOTE
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
kwagga
Super Contributor
Doing your nic proud today.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Eish, but who must we vote for? ANC; COPE; DA; ID or ACDP?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Leon Shuster for president,Pieter Dirk Uys as deputy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
How many cope guys do you think will defect back to the ANC at the next "floor crossing"
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Not meant as a political thread - you vote for what you believe in - but VOTE - there are highly creditable parties out there amongst the politicians, so make your choice - but CHOOSE and VOTE. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely... what more can one say?
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Floor crossing is something of the past, but yes: anything goes, thats why you have to VOTE RIGHT.
0 Kudos
cope
Frequent Contributor
ask for kortbroek who will cross back.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Can we vote at a different polling station to where we voted?
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
You must vote where you registered. Go to https://www.elections.org.za/AmRegister/amregister.aspx ,follow instructions - you'll find everything relating to your status as well as a map to locate the polling station matching your profile.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Where do I vote? You should vote at the voting station in the voting district where you have registered to vote. Note that voting stations may change due to availability of venues. You can confirm your voting station by contacting us as mentioned above. If you find that you are not at your voting station on voting day, you will still be able to vote. This is conditional. It is called a Section 24A vote. Section 24A vote allows you to cast your votes outside of the voting district where you have registered. Please note that if the place where you are voting is outside of the province in the voting district in which you are registered, you will only receive a ballot for the National Assembly. You must have proof of registration (sticker) in your ID as your name will not appear on the segment of the voters' roll of that voting district. Once the staff are satisfied that you are registered you will be requested to complete a VEC 4 form.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ok cool so i can vote away from where i registered just got to fill in that form. Thanx
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
To further justify this thread on this forum, the following info is relevant: the vibe at present is that the ZAR will strengthen its position amongst currencies, should the outcome of our election prohibits a 2/3 majority that could lead absolute power to change the constitution. GO, VOTE.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
damn chatty but of a predicament here i am long on the rand and in the export business may just have to vote anc even if against my principles
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
thats long on the dollar ie rand to weaken
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
For once, be a martyr (one who makes great sacrifices or suffers much in order to further a belief, cause, or principle).
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
ok just send me some bread money if things go pear
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Also against 2/3 at all cost. That to me is not democracy, forget the fanatism and the promises all of them make as they are all lying. Vote on getting this democracy back on track. There must be an opposition, that is the only way we will avoid the African fate (dictatorship).
0 Kudos