Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Valuation of companies in the Daily Standard

Peter3
Occasional Contributor
I have been receiving the Daily Standard and I have a few questions about the valuation of the different companies. I understand 'Share price' is the current share price. Is the 'One year target price' the price you expect the share price to be in a years time? How do they calculate underperform, neutral or outperform rating? For an example: Medi-clinic's Share price is 2340, the One year target price is 2120 and the valuation is neutral. Shouldn't the valuation be underperform?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
john_1
Super Contributor
if it were your money it would be, but they talking about other peoples money, measuring their performance against other asset managers performance and if you lose 20% your usually as good as the next guy... Don't try to understand it your right..
0 Kudos
Peter3
Occasional Contributor
So I must only look at the one year target price to determine if it is a good investment and ignore the rating? How accurate are these predictions? Thanks
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the rating is relative to the peers one year target price ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
No one knows the future not even the bank..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Peter3, do you own evaluation. Read & decide according to your own matrix. The talking heads are often just as in teh dark as you. Just because the guy at teh municipality sells you electricity, doesnt mean he knows anything about ESKOM.... Caveat emptor !!!
0 Kudos