Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Valuation

f4jsa
Frequent Contributor
DOES THIS NOT MAKE SENSE TO ANYONE??? As at: 13 Nov 2008 28 Feb 2009 DPS cents 36.24 EPS cents 112.67 PE 2.00 Earnings Yield % 50.08 Dividend Yield % 16.11 Esor would have earned R1.13 per share. At a stupid PE of 6 that would render a share price of R6.78. Why on earth is it trading at R2.20 only 3 months away from reporting? Should it not be afforded a PE of 8 and a share price of R9.04? It is not as if the macro-construction will stop anytime soon!
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
luis
Occasional Contributor
No more Caviar and Dom!!! time for salticrax and butter??
0 Kudos
f4jsa
Frequent Contributor
I have no butter left! Just choking on dry salticrax.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
For now, just lick the salt off. You still gonna need the biscuit.
0 Kudos
f4jsa
Frequent Contributor
More seriously, why would Standard on-line research lead us down the garden path. They pencilled in earnings of R1.12 per share up to end Feb 2009. Is this hoggwash, or is Simon taking our fees while feeding us junk??? As a retail investor, who am I to believe? Should I rather give my funds to Alan Gray to manage? Or are they also Simon by another name?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
f4jsa, understand what you are looking at before jumping to conclusions. That 112c EPS is th profile media consensus, not ours research, we buy it and provide it to cliets. Now you knwo the sourse click on the details and see how many people, what range etc. Bottom line is always look behind the numbers.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Whose money is it? Wanna manage your own money? - then make your own decisions. Easy money and free lunch occur in Wilbur Smith novels.
0 Kudos
f4jsa
Frequent Contributor
Hi Simon. These clever cats recommended a "buy" all the way from R9 a share down to today at nearly R2 a share. Is it worth buying this ***** from them and feeding it to us novices? From where I sit, we would be better off without being mislead by these analysts. Why give us numbers which we still have to look behind? Rather keep the numbers if they are worth less than nothing, and reduce our trading costs since you will save on not buying useless information. We do not mind paying, but then we expect a value-add, and not some stupid numbers.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
top tip - always look behind numbers.
0 Kudos