Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Vanishing Stop Losses - Fotumites and Simon plse help!

hippo
Contributor
Forumites, have any of you ever had the stop losses you set just disappear? When I checked the status of my stop losses at about 12.45 today I noticed that I had stop losses in place for all my normal equity holdings. HOWEVER, not a single of my stop losses for my cfd trades was listed! I phoned the help number and after a bit of um-and-ahing I was asked for my number and promised a return call. Untill now I have not been contacted about the, at least in my opinion, very serious problem. Is this a common occurence with OST? are the Missing SL's still active? What if they are not? Could be pretty costly to me!! More seriously - can I ever go and play golf again knowing that my SL's are active and in good hands? Or have I just lost it and made a major boo-boo somewhere? Please assist.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Didn't have any active cfd stop losses this morning , but when I created some new ones , i saw that my cfd stop loss history has been cleared. not really a problem, since they weren't active . The new ones seem active and normal though...
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
I created a SL well below the ruling price on a CFD last week. The SL trigerred minutes after I created it whilst the ruling price was moving up and I was long. I phoned them and they reinstated my open position. This made me nervous and I exited my position.
0 Kudos