Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Verification of FICA Information

koos2
Super Contributor
Shall I pre-empt this disaster waiting to happen by sending my info ahead of time? I am gonna be really upset if I get cut off due to not complying with this abhorrent and invasive process..., do I post it? Fax it?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
post only .. fax not accepted ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Did you know the FICA act stipulates its the responsibility of the collecting party to maintain and update FICA..Simon you can do mine on THursday!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hence we doing this update .. and it only is an issue if your FICA on our system is wrong, in other words somethign changed and you didn't accurately inform us ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
No, nothings changed, I am still the same chop I said I was!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
then no worries .. it only an issue if things different .. so no docs for thur, just food an drink .. way easier ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
speeking of yummy food - my wife just made Chiken Tika bunny chows...
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Dont get me started on FICA...grrr...I can think of a much better acronym with a U conveniantly placed. SBK came to our office to get my FICA details about two months ago, then about two weeks later SBK gave me foreign exchange, for which FICA compliancy is required. Then about two weeks after that I get a letter from SBK saying that my account will be suspended for not being FICA complaint?????? After much humour with the poor Bank Teller, it is hopefully sorted....I think.
0 Kudos