Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Verimaak

Not applicable
I must say that it is a total joke that the Van Staaden Family are know going to offer all shareholders 50c for their shares when it was only about 4 years ago that they listed and listed at about R3.00 (can't remember exactly). I remember the CEO selling a large portion of his holdings and it was he that has run the Company down, (well before the recession). An investigation should be done by the JSE into this as it smells extremely fishy.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
perfectly within his rights (not to say it isn;t dodgey) .. an too be expected in this sort of market, surprised we haven't seen more ..
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
I think it was R2.50 when he sold a load. 50c is a damned sight better than the 20c it went to last week though. One of the media houses was predicted this recently. Anyone who bought in at recent prices will do very nicely.
0 Kudos
WBuffet
Contributor
I am not suprised. One of the commentators recently made the point that with small cap companies especially in AltX, the major shareholders made a killing on listing and are probably cash flushed and it makes a lot of sense for them to buy back their shares which have fallen significantly, although there is a lot more value which is not reflected in their shares,and delist.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Van Staaden was a seller at higher levels, but also a buyer at the higher levels ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Just remember if dirrectors new what was going to happen to their share price, they would not need to pay themselves these rediculous bonuses we keep reading about.
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
How long before this is finalised and VMK buy back their shares?
0 Kudos