Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Video - Answers to questions re fib retratecments

Not applicable
This vid shows how fib retracements work.....most probably the tool I use most on a daily and longer term basis. This is as it can be applied to the Dow right now....the decreasing volume and action in relation to the fib levels tells me the probability of further downside is high....http://www.screencast.com/t/HVdJBlm6yIz
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
have you been following the daily technical analysis on this site?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Chem_I
Contributor
Yes chartist,I finally understand the purpose of the feb-r. Thanks for the reply.
0 Kudos
Chem_I
Contributor
If you apply fretrace to the topi. will you also say its to early to say that its back to a bull market.
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Thanks Chartist,

YOU ARE A BRIGHT STAR
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So I hope the price action today has graphically demonstrated the value of fibs...the best thing about fibs is that they are a tool that work across all time frames, all markets all types of markets. If you have as a premise that the market is the result of the collective actions of thousands of natural beings you will get what fibs are about....if not you will think they are k@k and you will go your whole trading career without experiencing the humility Fibs can instill in you.....there is no sense or rationality in the market only the natural order...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well said Chartist! Thanks for the vid!
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Thanks chartist amazing - dow almost exactly as per s.cast now i geuss we wait for it to bottom out then retrace again?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes...we need to see at the very least a retest of the most recent lows lows....this was one of the most obvious calls anyone could make....steadily decreasing volumes with increasing price at a significant fib resistance level as well as trend line...thats why ts so important to keep it really simple...other indicators are pretty useless in market conditions such as this...sometimes we just refuse to see what is right in front of our eyes...I notice a whole lot of messing around with RSI levels, up channels, bottoming patterns and other such stuff..
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
I developed a system of OBLIQUE trend lines , skuins lyne,which works amazingly well.You guys are just used to level lines, but u can also draw them skuins , and they point to time and price levels in the future.Physics and maths, there can only be one future, and it gives clues ahead, like afalling ball.Hope to publish it here soon, its cast in the laws of physics...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Looking longer term, what is your Fib retrace on the bull run from 7 300 in Aug 03. PS: See my other post.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Is a close higher than 60% retracement bullish? I'm having trouble with exit strategy - I either exit the trade too early and miss further upside, or I hold for too long and miss the trend entirely. Would like to learn what to watch for to time my exits better. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes it is...but as I indicated we didnt get it and therefore I saw further down side and even a retest retest of the lows as a higher possibility...
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi Chartist great vid. Can you tell me is retracement useful for individual stocks. Thanks
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
yes. Thanks. Trying to apply this technique to other trades. Ta
0 Kudos