Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Video - how do you know what works and what doesnt?

Not applicable
I have found that the importance of keeping a trading journal is something you only realize once you have done it. I have used many types but have found one that is really far superior to anything else I have used. If anyone is an excel boff that wants to have a go I would be happy to let them recreate something that all forumites can use....I bought this one but the creator is happy to allow anyone to copy it....http://www.screencast.com/t/lvodLWk4q
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Electrox
Super Contributor
cool program there. So if the seller is happy for anyone to copy it, how do we copy it then?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you have to recreate it in excel....its just a spreadsheet....
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Recreate it? I dont think I know how that works, but I do know how to copy and paste:) so where can I buy this program file from since I know nothing about creating a boff exel program?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
Elder - come into my trading room, has a nice setup for a trading journal/ledegr, problem is getting it into the correct excel format
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
so what is the program name and how do we go about getting a demo of it?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah, an up to date trading journal is essential - also forces one to have self-discipline. I can't access yours, maybe yr running outa bandwith....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Chartist, I must say I admire your transparency towards your trading methods and strategies. Keep up the good work. Any reason why you don't trade for a living, because by the look of things you have all the right tools to do this full time?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The buttplug clip isn't of the same standard as the others.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jip i agree !! hey Chartist stop with this poffter soppy ***** and send us some real good action clip. I need a good laugh again
0 Kudos
Not applicable
kwagga...yes its a question I ask myself often.....While I am able to make consistent profits on a day trading basis.....about 3.5k per day after cost(which is not a bad income of 70K per month) I am very aware that if I were to rely on this solely things may be very different in terms of my psychological attitude to the market. At the moment the other stuff gives me a balance.....
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
thats good money chartist well done, is that year on year or for this year only. i average about 12.5 K a month but thats only on futures so theres still hope for me. Will have to look at this day trading thing more seriously.
0 Kudos
Victoria_1
Contributor
3.5k per day and 12k per month is good, well done! BUT from what initial amount do you make this peofit from? in other words; percentage wise, what do you make per day, month, year?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
I try not to buy less than R 100 000 worth of futures at a time and at the moment i have about R340 000 futures exposure. So a 3.5 % move in the share price would give you roughly 12.5 K for the month.
0 Kudos