Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Video ....live gap play

Not applicable
Nice gap trade this morning.....this video shows how to scale out of the trade and make money for nothing!....if only I had left that short....well some profit is better than none....was able to catch the rest of the plunge with another set up......http://www.screencast.com/t/MuIrWFp7m
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
divz
Super Contributor
Thanks chartist much appreciated
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi Chartist great video learnred a great deal from it, just one question was that trade on the TOPI, Thanks, by the way i think your alright no matter what others say.
0 Kudos
bruno_1
Occasional Contributor
Thanks Chartist - learned a lot - Great to have someone willing to share the ins and outs with us newbies.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Chartist what are the cost each time you transact during a long or short contract? I know that SFM would charge me R80.00 per transaction.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
R10 per contract...you pay via a spread of 1 pt (1 pt on Alsi is R 10)...
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Excuse the question but I am new to this. what exposure does 1 contract give you? R10? 10pt move equals R100 profit? Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i contract give you exposure of R 270 000 .....so 1% move is R 2700 ....which is why you gotta protect yourself all the time....market is very liquid so u can always find a buyer .....I have never ever had a stop fail....
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Thanks Chartist, I think I got it now. Good to have ppl like you teachin the newbies.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
On which site can you trade the Alsi , cause i don't see it here,sorry but i'm not clued up these things , still learning.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks- that was useful... and nice voice ;)
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
i often get stopped out by opening gaps which later close, would it be sensible considering the high probability of gaps closing to ignore the stops caused by opening gaps? also chartist would you be able to explain the psychology behind gaps
0 Kudos
Not applicable
doesn't matter if you get stopped out...in the vid you saw that I was....look at today you will be glad you got stopped out ...we only got a partial close....the partial close you put in the bank...the rest of the close is a bonus.....that the point I was trying to make with the vid...if you wanna make profit from gaps consistently all you need to do is buy at the right time and then scale out....
0 Kudos