Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Views on Richemont

Werner_1
Super Contributor
Whats your thoughts on this one? I've always loved the company... what about long term investments in it?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
gareth01
Regular Contributor
I have been accumulating under R38....also love the company. Aligning itself to the emerging markets (where the growth will continue imo) and well placed in developmented markets. Strangely enough very defensensive as the rich still spend during recessions etc....yes, some say its expensive from a PE but it will always be....just wish the dividend could be higher (but then again if you are opening more stores in the emerging markets, it does require surplus funds)...
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
There are 50 million Chinese moving out of "poverty" into middle class every year in China, that's about the total RSA population, so there must be a certain percentage, moving from middle class to millionaires, and thet will want the genuine Mont Blancs,Dunhills, Panerai, Cartier etc etc, as opposed to the fakes they've been peppered with, just as those who can now afford it have moved from riding a scooter to driving a Chery , and the Merc and BMW drivers are now behind the wheel of a Lambo or Ferrari. So if you believe in the China and India story, and I do, Richemont will do ok.It has always seemed expensive and I suppose it always will,although currently sitting just above the ity's low of the year.My personal take is that currently there a shares that offer better value than CFR, so not on my "to buy list"
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
Yes great share, but you want to buy great shares cheap and that does not happen offen. The PE is 23 and the PEG ratio 2,30 this share has to be expensive, I think wait for a better oppertunity (below R 36), in this market you never know...
0 Kudos
MarkD
Contributor
Interesting spin on things, Horse. Anyhow, I added Richemont to my porfolio sometime last year. One of my best overall performers actually and has grown by 43% so far. I'd say get involved.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I really like the Asian story and the group is well established and in my opinion run by some very clued up people. I would only be interested in long term investments which i think this is the kind of company that has a huge future and will definitely be a good store for ones funds.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Roffey is short on this share and covering at R28...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
as Rupert himself once said.. as long as men want to get lucky on a staurday night the luxuary goods business will have a future!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
very true.. lol... and Richemont in my view is one of the best... i truly love their brands :)
0 Kudos
STEVE1
New Contributor
Watch it go to 45 then 50 towards end of year, I hold CFD's and am quite happy to sit it out, it is the wealthy that have money to spend unfortunately not the poor. Rupert is one of the best wealth builders without a doubt - follow your gut felling, especially if they move into gold products !! say no more, watch the RSI & MACD. I am in a firm hold position. Steve 1.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Thanks, i agree that its a fantastic company and will be getting in soon.
0 Kudos