Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Views on metorex or the next few months>???

Electrox
Super Contributor
the share is not gaining ground like the other resource shares for the past few days? bouncing between R20-R21. anyone have views on this share? replies appreciated in advanced :)
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
asylum
Super Contributor
I think the main reason its not going anywhere is because copper prices are down.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
thats what i thought, but copper seems to be coming back up now sittin at 3.10
0 Kudos
Not applicable
AGM is on the 16/1/2008 - possibly we all should learn something thereafter!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eventually MTX looks to be recovering. Not sure why it's been such a lagger with the copper price improving.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
yes, finally has been consistently over the R21 mark for the day :)
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
seems the chinese stock are at a 10 month low and they will have to start buying again.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
what do you mean asylum? about the chinese?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
the chinese stock holding,( physical stock in their wharehouses)of copper is at a 10 month low so they need to replenish their stock as it is running low so they have started buying again hence the current price movement.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
I see what you mean. where can one find this sorta information out?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
elecrtox just read a lot of bussiness websites and newspapers and youl be amazed at the info you can get hold off, i also subsribe to fin week and also have a look at base metal websites where you will find info on copper forecasts and so on, if you cant find something just google it.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
thanks asylum. guess im just getting there. only started trading since May this year. Its amazing how important it is to know all the news that going around locally and globally in order to make good trading desicions.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My view is that Metorex will double in price in 2008 They are unfortunately behind schedule on a few projects due to a shortage of skills and drilling equipment. Once their cobalt production has kicked in profits will flow, Cobalt is at a record price of US$ 45.00 per lb.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Anybody know how much of MTX's business is actually derived from copper? International media painting terrible outlook for copper in 2008 driven by the US housing slump!
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
So what are your views? Been tracking the share for some time and waiting for right gap.
0 Kudos