Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Village Directors

Eppies
Frequent Contributor
The directors of this company are most probably the biggest stumbling blog in this company. Looks like they get compensated on how poor they perform and how much damage they can cause to Village. How can they sell Cons Murch and keeps on carry losses in access of the sale price before the deal is concluded. It would have been far cheaper to close it than try to salvage a sinking ship. Looks like Bernard Swanepoel is the only one that smiles after his To The Point sold it to Village for R40m after he got it for free. I do not think that the directors do care about the investors and this will make it very difficult to raise cash to expand or grow the business. This makes it clear that they just want to sell everything, after they made millions, and return pennys to the shareholders. I can't see them achieving any other goal except sucking money for shareholders.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Nero
Occasional Contributor
I do agree yes. I cannot believe how much this share price have dropped sins the 20:1 change stepped-in. If things go on like this the price will reach down to the 40c figure again and then the move only destroyed the mines value. I only think that the Directors that made the decisions ensured that they will not lose anything.
0 Kudos
maq
Contributor
WE SHOULD GET ALL THE SHAREHOLDERS TO RALLY TO FIRE THESE DIRECTORS. MAYBE SELLING THE COMPANY AT A FAIR PRICE AND DISTRIBUTING THE PROCEEDS TO SHAREHOLDERS IS THE ONLY WAY OF AT LEAST GETTING OUR MONEY OUT.
0 Kudos
maq
Contributor
WHAT COULD BE THE REASON FOR THIS HECTIC SHARE PRICE DROP. PRICE MINIPULATION? WHY DONT THE DIRECTORS DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. SOMETHING FISHY GOING ON HERE. THESE DIRECTORS HAVE TO BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY.
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
It is a very bitter pill to swallow once you realize that the directors actualy lied when they present results or future prospects.
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
What frustrates me the most is that the directors always refer on how well Tau is doing and how much profit it makes. How is it possible for the cash in the bank to keep on dropping while the directors boasts about the profits? The directors could have at least given an indication of what the progress is on the sale of Cons Murch. I do agree that we as shareholders must stand together to submit a motion of no confidence to the whole board of directors.
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
I think the only way we will get anything out here is if they sell everything. As for the price, my own little opinion is what if they don't sell everything???... Then it's value destruction all over again.
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
Shareholders are at a cross road. This share is just making lower lows all the time. This means it can still go lower. All we can do is hope for a conciliation and an upward move. That is about the only hope we have. It is just very sad to have faith in directors and then they disappoint you big time. This puts a very big question mark on director's CV's. How much can one bank on directors?
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
Eppies i wouldn't worry....all shareholders are fed up!!...i think everybody just wants to get out and invest elsewhere.i'm not investing and never have in VIL but follow it.im just trading the price, hopefully they dont sell too cheap and at current price, you should make some money. Lets wait for end of november and see what happens. In the other sens the other day, its the first time i ever heard a CEO say, " so be it" i think they are just as frustrated as we are and want a good outcome to this.so lets see....at the end of the day, it will be up to us and not them....lets hold thumbs
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
The major problem with mines is that the workfors hold the directors and shareholders at randsom. They decide whether a company must be successfull or not. If they do not succeed they give a message to the government to aply pressure on shareholders and directors. We live in a communist dictatorship governed country. This will soon deter any new investment into this country. At the end the jobless numbers will go up and we will face chaos, like the Arab spring.
0 Kudos
maq
Contributor
At worst case scenario, what can shareholders expect to get out of this, when they finalise on a bidder at the end of the month. How does VIL compare to CRD, which has a market cap of 100mil, and receives an offer of $150m. That is 15 times the market value. Why? I am sure Village has more to offer with the Lesego project.
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
Will all depend on what the bidders are willing to pay.The VAV is high but that means nothing if they sell it cheap.hopefully they won't do that..."they want to create value"...mmmmm lets wait and see,but if past expierance from management is anything to go by???
0 Kudos