Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Village going down

Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Is this share in free fall?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
indeed it seems to be
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Ok so market didn't like production results, but what the heck lost production surely can be made up or at least in part. Perhaps the bargain hunters are out?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
assuming they operate at capacity (and they should) lost production is lost forever ..
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Point taken although I don't think they operate at capacity, lost forever, well at the end of it's days the mine (shaft) will just be open for 3 months longer, none the less I think this is a case of investor panic setting in. The psychology of human beings operating in financial markets. Like sheep being herded into a "kraal".
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
That's an ugly chart.If it manages to get back close to R100 I would get out.It could go a lot lower.
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
I think most of the damage is caused by the figures of Tau Lekoa, normally the most profitable operation. This share is not for traders. Remember that this company is selling Cons, just invest into Continental Coal, is further going to invest in platinum and most probably going to close Buffels very soon. These things can make or break the company, but I think the company is going to be most probably be much better shape in 2 years time. This is now a very good opportunity to nibble on this share. Remember tak Lasego has a NPV of around R6.7bn alone.
0 Kudos
Zordrak
Occasional Contributor
R100 or 100c, me thinks it hits R100 my brother who owns 170 000 shares would pee his shorts:)
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
I think the share will only be temporily at this level. As soon as a definbite offer to purchase Cons Murch is received, the share will bounce back. Also remember that the dividend will also be announced after the sale. Marius has mentioned in a presentation that the dividend will be around 43c. Add that to the current level will push the share price to at least R1.20. The Definite Feasibility Study for Lesego should also be finished very soon. The NPV has already been indicated at R6.7bn. If Village finds a successful partner to take this project to production in 5 years time, it will push this share above R2.24, which was indicated as a fair value. Village is also in the process of buying 200m shares back. The current price level of the share may accelerate the process and also push up the price. I am a long term invester anbd make use of these levels to accumulate.
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
I think the share will only be temporily at this level. As soon as a definbite offer to purchase Cons Murch is received, the share will bounce back. Also remember that the dividend will also be announced after the sale. Marius has mentioned in a presentation that the dividend will be around 43c. Add that to the current level will push the share price to at least R1.20. The Definite Feasibility Study for Lesego should also be finished very soon. The NPV has already been indicated at R6.7bn. If Village finds a successful partner to take this project to production in 5 years time, it will push this share above R2.24, which was indicated as a fair value. Village is also in the process of buying 200m shares back. The current price level of the share may accelerate the process and also push up the price. I am a long term invester anbd make use of these levels to accumulate.
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
kawcha
Contributor
I think it is better to sell at this time and come back later. I sold it not long ago and took some damage. I just don't think it will do any good until the final AFS is published (after all the bad events and performance are published), which is around the end of the year. It is probably better off to put your money elsewhere in the next 6 months and buy this back later, you probably will own more shares in the future than if you stay now with the same amount of money.
0 Kudos
Yakah
Contributor
It is time. Blue pill or red pill?
0 Kudos