Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Vividend Income Fund - private placing

CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Application soon to close - any opinions?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
yadav
Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am also considering, but I am concerned that this is not an IPO, but private placement. Does this mean I will not be able to sell shares at any time if I choose so?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you can sell when they list ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Words (presentation wise) cheap, money buys the whiskey; but it is seemingly an opportunity.
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Also thinking about, had quick look over prosepctus, will make my decision this weekend and let you know
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
So will it make money on the short term?
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Entry at listing stage almost always guarantees a gain in the short term (OMO) - also with some of the aquisition fees n/a, you start off well and the market at this stage promises optimism. However, with the traders out there, you'll never know. I'm in.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Heard that Piet Viljoen was putting money into this - and as he is a value investor of note I would suggest that this is a value opportunity. Don't know what the distribution policy will be - the existing portfolio looked a bit first class second division.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Dividend and Distribution Policy 11.1.1 No dividends have been declared by Vividend or its Subsidiary to date. 11.1.2 The Directors do not intend to declare dividends but intend to rather make interest distributions in respect of the Debenture portion of the Linked Units. 11.1.3 The Company intends making semi-annual interest distributions, which are expected to be declared for the periods ended February and August. 11.1.4 Any interest distributions remaining unclaimed for a period of three years from the declaration date thereof may be forfeited by resolution of the Directors for the benefit of Vividend. 11.1.5 There are no arrangements in terms of which future dividends or interest distributions are waived or agreed to be waived.
0 Kudos
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
its worth it as its easier for this share to double at a shorter period. whereas ba*****eng is for long term investment..
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
It's personal, however - any particular reason?
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
Nothing sinister-I do like property and have a couple that have done great over the last few years.This is a new venture which could take off and do great and I hope it does but I do not know the team and while I like the possibilities was not convinced that I would not be better off placing my money with a more established company-why take risk in what is essentially a low risk investment-I did like that fact that the founders were putting in some of their own money and were currently not taking a salary-how long will that last?After chewing on it for a while I decided to walk away but who knows what is the correct call.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Very well justified - thanks for reply. Lots of stuff unpredictable.
0 Kudos