Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Vodacom = advice for newbie pse!

joani
Contributor
I bought 52 VOD at 6142. Oddlot repurchasing at 5600.Obviously losing money when they repurchase oddlots. Shud I buy a further 49 to get above required 100 bracket as they mention 500 shares as well. Don't fully understand, recommendations as what to do - please!
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yo can elect to now allow VOD to buy your shares at 5600c ..
0 Kudos
joani
Contributor
Tx Simon, If I don't wish to have them repurchased - can I buy more today to increase my shareholding moving me out of the odd lot category?
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
Kia, "In terms of the odd-lot offer, odd-lot holders are offered the opportunity to: sell their odd-lot holdings for the cash consideration; or retain their odd-lot holdings. Those odd-lot holders who do not make an election will automatically be regarded as having chosen to sell their odd-lot holdings for the cash consideration." You HAVE to instruct OST to sell your shares OR not sell them as per the odd-lot offer. If you DO NOT instruct them, it will be sold.
0 Kudos
joani
Contributor
Tx Topix appreciate yr input.I realise that I have to let them know if I dont want to sell. I was trying to avoid having to post off their form by purchasing 49 or so more VOD shares to take me out of the "odd lot" bracket. As the LTD is Thurs 18 - if I increase my shareholding to > 100 - I dont THINK I have to worry about advising anyone not to repurchase? Trying to live a hassle PO free life!
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
just make sure its not <500 shares . best to tell OST what to do
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
Where do you get the form to tell OST not to sell your shares
0 Kudos
joani
Contributor
I received the form in the post from Computershare, they are administrating the oddlot buy back obo Vodacom. I have increased my holding to over 500. Research has indicated that VOD looks good in the next 12 mths or so so I figured why not buy some more.
0 Kudos