Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Vodacom

Not applicable
Any ideas on the listing price of Vodacom and what its going to do in the short term?(first few months) Got some money to blow but I will need it near the end of the year.
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if you need the money by the end of the year - stick it in the bank .. markets carry risk ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
saying goes only invest in thr stock market with money you won't feel bad losing :)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well no, with money you don't need for 3-5 years ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
only speculate with money you're happy to loose, and then expect to loose it ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK, and Vodacom?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
:) totally off topic hey. I stand to be corrected - There is no listing price. Trade will start according to supply and demand. Worth about R50 per share.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I saw a client over the weekend, he had a salesperson/shark who sells some charts software for R15k who told the guy that Vodacom will list at 4c. Yes, that's a c, not a 0, four cents. And here's the "good news" (aka sales talk) that people are saying that Vodacom should rise very quickly to R1.40 or thereabout. Not bad 4c to 140c... If Mtn be R114, then I geuss buying Vodacom at 4c must be criminal...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Quick question: With the Telkom special devidend of R 19, as well as the unbundling of 1 Vodacom share for every Telkom share, is it better to buy Telkom shares now, or, buy Vodacom shares on listing day...?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
When is it listing?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think its listing on the 5 May, might be interesting.
0 Kudos
chivas
Contributor
Listing date moved to 18 May. You better off buying Telkom before Vodaocm lists Vodacom should list between R50.00 and R70.00 per share
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Unbundling 8th May. Last day to participate in unbundling 15th May. VOD lists 18th May. Last day to participate in unbundling and last day to trade for div 22nd May. VOD shares distributed and Telkom trades ex divi 25th May. Telkom record date 29th May. Telkom divi paid out 1st June.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Isn't the unbundling LDT 15 May (ie qualify VOD shares) and the div LDT 22 May? So a shareholder could sell TKG on 18th May (and therefore get VOD shares); buy TKG again on the 22 May (to qualify for div) and then sell TKG on the 25th.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Interesting question, Simon, maybe you can help us out here? Isn't there a limitation period on when to sell / trade when it comes to unbundling? I know that you can sell next day when it comes to normal dividends... What about the R19 special dividend? Can one sell next day after LDT?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hold at close of ldt and you get it .. when you buy or sell does not matter ..
0 Kudos