Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Vodacom

Not applicable
Is vodacom a good buy at this price and can someone please explain why it p/e ratio is so much higher than MTN.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
still waiting ??????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Al, you may not get an answer to that. Some shares I have found are either covered under other previous threads or guys are tracking shares more of interest to them for he day. So look at previous threads to see if that helps you. "Cheap" is what you are prepared to pay and what you intend doing with it. Like I have heard over and over, its not your entry level that matters! "Whats your exist stratergy?" is important. If you wanting quick small trades (day trading) then the cheeper the better (or if you going short the higher the better). If you looking at 5 years plus stratergy, a difference of 2 or 3 rand is irrelevant.
0 Kudos
chivas
Contributor
MTN has better growth opportunities especially in Nigeria and Iran. Vodacom does not have similar growth opportunities. If Vodacom lose their 50% hold on the SA market then the share price will be seriously rerated down. Vodaom does have a higher dividend yield.I would watch MTN closely. Currently overbought but still has opportunities to run higher. I would wait for duct to settle with Vodacom before buying. Watch Telkom closely. Most people are rating it down but my view is that they have a few opportunities lined up. It is also prone to a take over given its cash pile and low market cap.
0 Kudos