Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Vodacom

Preston
Super Contributor
Guys, have a look at the technical analysis on Vodacom , more specifically the Dragonfly Doji that appeared on today's price movement. RSI is looking positive(rising). Good share to enter for day trading to make some short term profit.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Rams
Super Contributor
Dont be be fooled by the DOJI on OST chart because bring up any chart and the open equals the close- you in the dark on day of trade. Candle will only light up the next day! Did complain about this previously - see my previous posts.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hi Rams, thanks for the comments,however i am being specific in respect of the doji, ie "Dragonfly" Doji.
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
I notice the directors only buy and dont sell.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Interesting battle going on at the moment.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Extremely nice battle going on.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
preston, I see the dragonfly but I was of tne view that whatever the DOJI, it means indecision and can be bottom or top reversal depending on price action. Were you considering a short for short term profit because the RSI was rising but into overbought territory. The red candles over the last 2 days was the confirmation. Now is the time for "SHORT" term profit(excuse the pun). I would like to know what your thinking was?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hi Ram, definately short term profit (see the last line of my original post), unfortunately i was not able to execute the trade. I do agree with you that the RSI was extremely overbought , remember VOD did make a high on that day.
0 Kudos