Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Volumes??

Not applicable
Sheeeshh!!! absolutely toxic volume on this one today... am eyeballing it waiting for the turn. but at these volumes it's like pulling teeth on a chicken
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Dilligaff2
Frequent Contributor
So if R36.50 is the Support, what's stopping it getting there?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
nothing, other than my very overactive imagination
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Is this not currently testing the July 2004 support? I'm new to technical analysis ...
0 Kudos
Dilligaff2
Frequent Contributor
Me too, done TA1 and TA2 last Saturday, and trying to figure things out. Perhaps John or Chartist will lend a learning hand?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
First I am no pro. Start with the big picture. Why are you looking at harmony at all, gold shares have consistantly underperformed the market through out the bull of the last 4 years. So who cares were the support is.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
according to Wayne McCurrie gold stocks have under preformed the ALSI by 85% over the last 20 years. Man even DDT has done better then that. I am with John, why even look at them, HAR is some 65% off its highs and the trend remains down. If you're bullish for gold buy GLD.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The first support is its most recent low at 61.50 ( place were most recently, buying overwelmed sellers). after that at 56.50 from its last turn around. after that it next low at 47. and only after that and in your dreams at 37 bucks hope this helps. After a drop like this I would expext to see it form a base before climbing up. I still believe there are many shares that will make you money without this kind of stress.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Second point I would like to make, if you are learning TA DO NOT WATCH SUMMIT'S ROFFEY REVEIW. Reason ...He is always punting gold shares and any TA worth his salt can see that were your money should not be. See Simons post to confirm.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
And at a PE of 151! LOL - must be a mistake.
0 Kudos