Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Volumns

BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Is it possible to see of the total amount of shares traded on a particular stock, what the seperate amounts bought and sold are?
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
every trade is a buy and a sell ..
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
I know that, but at the endo of the day, or during the day can you see how much is bought seperate to sold?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
but they not seperate ..
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
I understand, so there is no way to see how many are sold versus bought to get the total amount traded?
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
I understand, so there is no way to see how many are sold versus bought to get the total amount traded?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The amount bought will always equal the amount sold...
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
basic maths brother
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
what you want is to see who crossed the spread .. well then you have to watch the market .. tis called reading the tape .. old timers know all about it ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am not that old - can you explain?
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Me too please, still very new to the game and trying to learn :)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
just watch the bid/offer and trades going through and trade from what you see ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Basically experience, there aint no magic bullet or book with all the rules. You gotta loose to learn and you gotta learn to be happy loosing. Then you become a smarter trader and finally follow the rules you set for your self.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
So if every trade is a buy and sell, what is it that determines the market price?
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
Supply and demand determines price. Period.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Momentum indicators will give the buy/sell bias - one would need to derive the net change on the chart for the given day and the rate of change (gradient) relative to every preceding and ensuing day and pull out your old varsity maths texts to get derive the daily shift in bias. In American it seems they generate a buyers vs. sellers figure. I don't think we do?
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
It would be nice though.
0 Kudos