Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WC soccer tickets

Wizard
Super Contributor
Getting into the grounds obviously requires some sort of identification. Would they be so strict as to link tickets to individuals?? The reason I'm asking is because I want to take someone and if that someone changes his mind and doesn't come, can I take someone else along? It shouldn't be so strict as boarding an airplane, but the questions they ask during the application process makes me think that. Could you change the identity of the person later on after you got the tickets?? Obviously just swapping one SA citizen for another.no beneficial games played with foreigners!!
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
officially the tickets are non transferable .. how that process works I have no idea ..
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
a new ticket amendment feature. The new `Ticket Transfer Policy' will be available on the FIFA website, www.fifa.com, in February 2010.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
Ticket sales have been slow and there is a concern not all tickets will be taken up. I suspect they will relax a lot of the restrictions..
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
I hear on the radio (702 interviewed Danny Jordaan) that tickets will be checked on a random basis and the main ticket holder (person who applied) must be part of the party watching the match. It is not necessary that the remaining people be those who have been named on the tickets. There is no need to panic if you have valid tickets. But read the detail on their website if you have concerns...
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Basically all I want is some flexibility on the issue. If the person that I nominated doesn't come, I want to choose someone else.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wizard, thanks for the topic. I was just going to start investigating the same thing. I got tickets but after last week and my fathers fatal heart attack i am stuck with the situation thet he will be watching from elsewhere so I wanted to see about changing them. If you find out tell us and I will do the same.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
. . . condolences . . .
0 Kudos
James15
Contributor
it would be a logistical nightmare trying to check tickets to id documents at the gate..no where does it say you need to bring your id doc to a match. and can you imagine how many people won't bring theirs even if they told to? - foreigners can't be expected to take their passports to matches... i don't think there will be ANY identification checks at the games...id even go onto say that the tickets won't even be 'personalised' other then possibly the 'purchasers'
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Sorry to hear about your dad! If I hear anything further I'll update!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Very logical. getting 350 people on airplane when I go overseas and doing the final check prior to boarding and all is very certain that those are the people that will fly takes 30 min. Doing it for a whole stadium..will be a nightmare!!
0 Kudos