Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WEZ

Maggie
Super Contributor
Flip, what is happening here. Thought they had hit rock bottom (no pun intended) but still going down. Any thoughts????
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
john_1
Super Contributor
not your kind of share me thinks, this one has a great future with a 10 year veiw not a 2 month view.
0 Kudos
Power
Occasional Visitor
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
John, who has 10 years to wait???? Surely not!!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I believe that was my point. Remember Maggie the stock market is very good at talking from the impatient and giving to the patient. These guys have no mine as yet and as such are cash flow negative, part the reason for the drop may be that it is about to ask share holders for more cash as it is going into the mine constuction phase.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
talking= taking
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Comes from Moneyweb: Having looked for projects that offer "relatively low-cost extraction, immediate and very near term production potential, added longer-term growth potential as well as existing offtake agreements for smelting and refining of the concentrate", RBCCM reaches an eight-name list that "also offer fundamental value based on current low market valuation": *Ridge Mining - already mining, offtake in hand *Platmin - starting mining, offtake not certain but "we believe it will be secured" *Anooraq Resources - mining from July, offtake secured *Aquarius - mining, life-of-mine offtakes secured on all its projects, low rating relative to producers *Platinum Australia - mining this year, offtake secured, current high rating *Eastern Platinum - mining, offtake secured on current operating assets, current high rating *PTM (the Canadian listed stock listed under the name PGM) - start of mining still two years out, offtake in hand, low rating probably function of lead time to production, and *Wesizwe - start of mining still three years out, no offtake yet, longer-term value.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
and who knows what the plat price will be in 3 years, now I know it is at a record so if I am impatient I am not going to be putting cash into WEZ and obviously I am not the only one thinking like this as the share price has nearly halved from its high.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Has anyone seen a similar exercise done for the coal miners?ie MMH, CZA, WSL, PET, SAH, etc.
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
Oh well, you win some you lose some, guess I will just have to take some pain.
0 Kudos
TheoPrinsloo
Contributor
Also feeling the pain Maggie. Got in at 920.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
this conversation has gone round for some time. several forum members (yours truly included) have in the past said that WEZ is a long term view of 3 to 4 years at least. Unless you are prepared to wait for this one you shouldn't be buying it. In my opinion anything under 900 is bargain time and I buy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My stoploss kicked in to eject me quite painfully from Wesizwe today. The lower it goes, the higher it'll bounce - soon. Resources are doing a welcome pullback. Tickets available.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bad timeing for a stop to kick in, not at support and i added on
0 Kudos
Not applicable
796 was a major support line on my system. Damage was not too much though.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That darn stop loss LOL ;-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I never cuss stoplosses. For every time its shot me in the foot, its saved my ass ten times over. Went without stoplosses ten years ago - still have Knights Gold Mining Co and Billboard share certificates to use as coffee coasters.
0 Kudos