Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WHAT'S HAPPENED???

Pepi
Regular Contributor
I really would have thought that the CAPCO share price would have been much higher being such an outright rand hedge player. Disappointed to say the least.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Aang
Occasional Contributor
Disappointed CCO has gone up over 40% in the last 3 months..........
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
+45% year to date versus ALSI's 5%: i'll take that any time
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
I am worried it has run too far and too fast - and I drink lots of ( good ) coffee
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Every time I have have reacted to just such a set of circumstances by selling - the thing has carried on running. Then again - when I have held - the share usually went ahead and pulled back. Can't win...
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Remember the Rothschilds dictum ( note not a traders dictum ) : NO-one should ever regret taking a profit. You can, of course , regret not taking a profit.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
BUT - then there is the old sore "cut your losers and run your winners." One can't help feeling that much of the advice comes from the cheap seats - Nothing is ever that easy in practice!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
saw - oops - must re-read for my madder moments.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
@THRESHOLD,I agree, you are touching on the hardest part of trading or investing - when to sell. As a trader, I have spent years backtesting all kinds of systems and two things have always propped up as undeniable truths 1) your entry is irrelevant (almos
0 Kudos
AP
Regular Contributor
It seems that the trend has change direction....?
0 Kudos