Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WHER IS THAT BOUNCE!!!! GRRRR

Mr_S
Super Contributor
This is really getting frustratin really! but it is expected that there should be a slight bounce before the ultimate slaughter takes place! By reading johns post the other day, i realised that im on the wrong side of the market 'This is a bear market,wait for the bounce then short, dont trade the bounce, that is a bull market strategy' Now im jus waiting for that bounce so i can exit!!!
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
barry_1
Super Contributor
I've never held a PUT warrant this long ,now entering third week,of course with stop losses....funnily i was also hoping that AMS would rally more than the measly one up today,anyway always hope for tomorrow,as i wanted to buy more PUTS.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Typical bulls (value investors) seem to have turned their backs on this one - Piet Viljoen (talking head from Regarding Capital), for example, won't buy it over a R100. And this is because of the dividend issue and that the perception now that resources won't turn around in 2009. The bigger reality here is that its one of the pillars of the TOPI, and if its going to show major weakness, its going to to drag the TOPI down through important resistance lines. So things don't look up for it and the index in future if there's no bounce.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks,did not see that piece of news.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Apparently he said he wouldn't by BIL for R 100 either
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
AMS might bounce but the analyst earnings estimates don't look like they'll support it much. Also look at how the estimates have dropped. Anglo, I'm guessing everyone was so horrified by the drop that they're scared to put in, in case there's more. Still, both have a rally monkey driving and it'll wake up at some point :)
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
On long term trendline. If we dont see a bounce within next few day and it breaks fom here its going to be real nasty. IMO. I think the thing to do is to wait for a confirmation before doing anything from here. Action to either side may be violent. John advise IMO very sound.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
you can believe what Piet Viljoen says. I've met him and he is a straight up bloke. He's not known for making the biggest returns but he never loses money. He's one of the smartest operators out there.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
That reminds me of Warren Buffet's Rules of Investing Rule number one of investing is never lose money. Rule number two is never forget rule number 1.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
but he never loses money .. only one way to never lose money - never buy ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So at the moment he's getting both wrong...?
0 Kudos