Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WHL

Tango
Super Contributor
Simon, I don't think the risks are horrid at all when buying a liquid share like WHL on support. If it breaks support, sell. Small loss. If it climbs, large gain. I would prefer to buy it on support than on a breakout.... when it breaks, do you chase the break, only to see it come back to test the old resistance, or do you wait for that test, only to miss the move completely and watch it run upwards? What if you buy a false break? Where is your stop? (probably right where mine is now, a lot closer to where I bought)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tango, sure if one is ruthless with their stops. Most people are not, and that's teh pain.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I do find it a little strange by how much the food retailers have pulled back,after all the rising food inflation is good for their margins
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
lots of mysteries out there - PSG on a PE under 4?? not very demanding...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Yes but that has a ones off profit reflected in results, or at least did have the last time I checked. I see Mouton is still buying though.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
WHL already broke major support when it went down through 12.50. Its clear depths down from here on on IMHO.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
I don't agree.. 1175 has been holding. 1250 was a support level, but not the only one. As I said, I know exactly how much it will cost to find out I'm wrong, so this one is not keeping me up at night
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
tango how tight is your stop loss what level?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Your right - and it seems that Truworths and Massmart seems to have built up similar bases, but they now running horizontal in a descending band. I would not be surprised if that horizontal run crumbled once it met up with the upper descending resistance line. In fact I'd be sitting with my small R stop in a short position the day it bounced down.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
very close. WHL looking $%!*ty today. Will take another look near the close today
0 Kudos