Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WHL

Not applicable
comments?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
asylum
Super Contributor
absa only bought 50% i think woolies wanted someone with experience in the field to run this opertion, if they only sold 50% it tells me that the bussiness model is viable but they dont know how to run it profitably, any thoughts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, seeing as WHL's accounts receivable and interest income form a large part of their profit, and given the current spate of defaults and interest rate hikes, i can see why they needed to call i the experts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chartist, I don't think the news will cause the price to run back to where you first punted it!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I find there reasoning interesting. I am friends with people involved in retail credit and they have always had the veiw that retailers have always had better systems in place to manage risk as almost all there lending is uinsecured were banks almost always have assets to back lending. So much so he was poached and now works at standard bank.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
ABSA bought the majority of shares. That is what counts here. 50% + 1 share. They own it now!
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
hmm.. still think this one is going to run up, but I was shaken out of my long. Stop was hit early this week.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
yeah...it did just enough!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Was waiting for what you had to say Tango. Read any good books lately?
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Plenty... just no trading books!I'm studying again, so don't get a lot a choice in my reading material at the moment.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
still trying to remember who made those snide comments on my last WHL post
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
WHL has been working on a base for some time now. Lots of signs that it don't want to go lower, but no signs that it is willing to go up. Sure, the gap today is a good sign, but I would still like to see a break out above 1260 before getting interested.
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
I think it was me actually.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hello Grandmaster....volumes a bit disappointing today...so it was me u were referring to ...I was wondering...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have to add that I felt deeply hurt and betrayed...
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
You'll get over it.
0 Kudos