Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WHL

Preston
Super Contributor
Looking good for going long.
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
sponono
Super Contributor
Many traders get caught on the wrong side of the trade when the trend changes from up to down: I have bruises from 2008
0 Kudos
U-Dog
Contributor
What's the thoughts on going long on some SSF's and battening down the hatches for the short-term?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
This stock is now seriously oversold. RSI is in oversold territory,Stoch is also seriously oversold.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
The top 5 losers (top 40) today are all retailers.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Primary support R62.95 )(imo) , excellent trading update and seriously trading outside the Bollinger Band. I really love this share now.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Russ, what you think abt the current P/E ratio?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Don't know,but on the chart,like mpc,it stands a good chance of turning up from here.It is on long term support,also has some lateral support,and as you say is oversold.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Hi Preston! how you doing? As you also know i love WHL, hold it for long term with great success, I agree it looks good for long position, however as always i only invest for long term in seriously great companies, and i think this one will do very well over long term. Retailers had a great 2012, a bit profit taking surely happened, but i don't think this will be a very extended decline, i would think a long position is good... lets see though.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hey Buddy, how are you doing? Congrats on your new investment. I see you have a super time at the Horse racing last week. I entered WHL at almost the low of the day. Share is super oversold. PE ratio at price i bought is realistic and is sustainable.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Email me .
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
will email you now... thanks... the investment is going all good and yes, the L'Ormarins Queens Plate was awesome, we had a great time!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I think we need to get the good old times rolling again... get the stock trading business running strong... lol...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I think we need to get the good old times rolling again... get the stock trading business running strong... lol...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Average mean price of WHL is +/-R68.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Now tru update seems to have helped the others a bit.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Truworth update is quiet promising. Not all doom and gloom.Thanks Russ
0 Kudos
U-Dog
Contributor
So now we have: HEPS Revenue Lower Upper Shoprite 13.8% Truworths 14.8% 16.0% 20.0% Mr Price 10.0% Woolworths 18.0% 18.0% 24.0% Did I miss anything?
0 Kudos
U-Dog
Contributor
Crikey it looked much better table format Shoprite (Revenue +13.8%); Mr Price (Revenue+10%); Truworths (Revenue+14.8% - HEPS between 18% and 24%); Woolies (Revenue+18% - HEPS between 18% and 24%)
0 Kudos
U-Dog
Contributor
And now Foschini....its like a roller-coaster. This painting all retail with one brush-stroke really doesn't work IMO
0 Kudos