Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WHL

Not applicable
Check the volumes out!
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Not applicable
Technically this one is looking really good....one of the safest plays at the moment....sector rotation, seasonal play, ZAR strength and a period of severe underperformance (in the short/medium term) are going to make this (have already) a "buy now and see steady profits every day till Xmas kinda play"...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
..also broke downtrend resistance with Friday's close.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Shallow analysis above. No mention of Brazen limbering up for her seasonal shopping peak. ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
For anyone looking at going long WHL ...right now is the absolutely best time to go long....we have a pullback to test support....
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
agreed, forward rolling PE below 12x and a projected div. yield of 4.9% at 1800 cps. strong defensive qualities in the food operation with an ongoing store rollout programme. A stay in interest rates at the forthcoming MPC meeting later this month will be a real kicker!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Somthing I have never got my head round in terms of volume... is if is so obvious this share is going to rise. why would 30million shares be given away without the price rising by more than a few cents. that a lot of people who think this is going fall further. What is it I am missing .
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Those people are stupid.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Clarity at last!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
My guess ... the 30 million who bought any time since last December, who have watched their profits come and go or watched their losses grow, who right now are looking at the graphs thinking: This thing is tanking while the rest of ALSI is up???
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey smart one... How the house?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Brazen's answer is actually more useful that you can imagine....the ability to understand the reasons people are doing the opposite to what you are doing is really important...esp when they are pushing through the volumes they are....often when we see big order we think ...what do they know that I dont.....well for one they know nothing you dont...secondly they are often buying and selling not cause they want to but because they have to....portfolio mandates, stop losses....remember a lot of guys managing other peoples money have taken a hit on WHL...they may want to get out cause they have been told to exit as soon as there is a bounce...there could be a whole host of reasons....all you need to remember when you are trading against guys who biggest fear is that they are going to lose their jobs its makes your life easier....
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
it could well be just one or two institutional sellers feeding the market at +- 1800 cps - the investment committee has decided to lower exposure to WHL (for whatever reason)and the dealers are now executing - the bounce should occur once the overhang has been cleared provided a surplus appetite still remains in the market.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I have a headache and am unable to perfom renovations. Howerver, the blinds in my bedroom were tested and the level of darkness during daylight is very satisfactory.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I can only begin to imagine the scene...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I have a small hangover you bloody pervert.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
pervert nothin I can smell the wine bottle spilled and lying around the bed from here..nothin perverted about me.. well nothing I am goona tall you guys anyway..
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
I agree with chartist. There would hav been a convincing case from the 25th. There was teriffic volume support initially but today was not at all convincing with the price movement. Jus seems like tons of shares changing hands with no obvious shift in the sentiment. Probably a buying opportunity at some time but not now i would think.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We need a nice turbo instalment on WHL...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
so far so good...yesterday seem to indeed have been a buying opp...I would like to see the volumes come through though....
0 Kudos