Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WHL

keng
Contributor
Can someone please explain the sell off (forget the BEE story) of this share. I would have thought that being the LTD people would be buying the share. Am I missing something is the LTD like a bait and savvy traders dump the day before.
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Rams
Super Contributor
AGL up more than 5%....and almost all retail stocks down about 5%...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sector rotation happening from Industrials and Financials into the oversold Resources - plot the Relative Strength Comparative charts of these three indicies against the ALSI and you see the rotation as it happens.
0 Kudos
keng
Contributor
Thanks Rams and Monty
0 Kudos
Crux777
New Contributor
Any idea who decided this and when ? How is that we don't know about this beforehand ?
0 Kudos
Funnymoney
Frequent Contributor
They certainly taking a hiding at the moment! That's for sure...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
there is no formal notice, it just happens .. and will unhappen just as quickly one day ..
0 Kudos
Crux777
New Contributor
Comon, Simon, this just cannot happen. How can all the traders suddenly decide to sell at the same time? Someone or some news/ incident must have prompted this. It is us DIYers that have no inside information.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Well, when some of us posted here a few weeks ago that Retailers are overpriced and resources are under priced we were called all sorts of names...
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
it can, it will and it does. you're not doing very well on your third post. traders/investors are like a school of fish. make sure you are positioned somewhere in the middle of the school not at the bottom and not on top otherwise you become shark meat.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Sponono - that's rich coming from you. You so pro Retailers, what now?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
I was stopped out of TFG at R130 and TRU at R99. On Friday the market was marginally down and the Retailers were down a lot. I bought SHP at R58 and took profits at R64; today SHP is back to R58. Today same story: Something is happening in the retail space and I dont what. On Friday, for example, ARI was up 6% on the biggest volumes in 3 years. This tells me smart money has been accumulating: I will join them when the 200 day SMA starts to turn. As a trader you go with the market you dont WHY? Getit.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
DEP, still sitting with the SHP short? I must say the action of the last few days has made my cfd portfolio turn from light green to dark green.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
AGL is partly driven by Glencore Xtrata merger as well. Xstrata wanted AGL with red eyes
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Also the printing press from Dragi. Wait until Ben and the Germans add some peri-peri to the whole mix. Shanghai added their salt with infrasture budgets. All good news for resources. Chinese will suck up the coppers, iron ores and Europeans will built a lot more BMWs and AUDIs. That is all good news for diversified miners and platinum miners.
0 Kudos
phd
Contributor
So, what you're saying is that you're happy to completely disregard fundamentals in the resources sector, simply on the basis of what your charts tell you?
0 Kudos
Crux777
New Contributor
Buddy, you knock on me by saying I am not doing well on my 3rd post but then you say that something is happeing on the retail market and you don't know what . Is that kind of contradictory to my reply to Simon ?
0 Kudos