Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WHY IS M and R ALL OF A SUDDEN PERFORMING SO WELL?

Not applicable
ANY THOUGHTS OR COMMENTS? FORUMITES
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Excellent results released last week and a huge order book going forward.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Good move poaching Mr Evetts from Babcock, that old era powerstation builder, who will now bring in lots of Eskom bacon,lol.
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
share looks expensive to me at this levels.I would rather short it!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The share looks Iron Clad. Hardly flinched when the markets went red today. It is trading at new highs as well. MUR has moved up 25% since it's recent low. Wondering if there is still more upside in the short term?
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
Could be, but all oscillators are overbought.Normally its safer to short shares that ran away at such a sharp slope.Strong resistance should come at inclined top trendline drawn from previous tops.rense.com
0 Kudos
ShortFuse
Occasional Contributor
MUR is looking ridiculously overbought. Looks like shorting is a definite, it'll fall faster than it climbed. Over a 10% return in a week if you bought the ordinary share
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
The share is up 23% since the 29 August 2007 which was just after there results were released. Time to take your profits. OMO. Other construction companies are looking alot cheaper (Aveng).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I also thought that the share was overbought? Took a short stance last week only to see the instrument push up to touch the 9000 level. I don't know? What is MUR's worth. A valuation that is. 9000? 10000? 11000? Unless the markets turn glaringly red I will rather hold my long position for the moment.
0 Kudos
MFA
Occasional Contributor
i think going long with m&r is safe, based on order books n sector strenght but downside may be if it falters on project completion,handover,commissioning dates, they could be slapped with big penalties. could detract management focus n detract on other projects. a relatively good construction sector holding is SFB? Steffanutti & Bressan. Climbing quite nicely i think.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Someone is fiddling around with Murries this morning. Placing Bids 1 cent apart.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bids are gone now, but it has breathed some life into a quiet morning.
0 Kudos
DF
Contributor
I don't understand but at least I am happy! On 10 September I gambled and went short with only R3000 on the Deutche bank warrant @ 5c. At that stage I think the share (MUR) traded at 8600 and the warrant calculator said the warrant was worth between 4c and 5c. Today the share is at a all time High +- 9000 and my put is suppose to be worth nothing by now but guess what? someone bought my putt at 7c and I made R1 200 ???? Warrant calculator give higher value today than on 10 Sept despite time decay and wrong direction of the underlying?????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Depending on the markets, MUR looks ready for the next leg up in my opinion?
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
AEG is following a similar pattern good results released this week and the share is still well below the industry norm. Hopefully still another 10% gain still to come.
0 Kudos